Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rye Y Staff Workouts - Barbara


Barbara - Director of Member Services

I try to exercise for an hour 5 times a week.  My regular routine has been working out on the arc trainer or ATM (Adaptive Motion Trainer) in the fitness center. There are several members who also work out daily around 2 pm and I enjoy seeing them – I think of them as my informal workout buddies. 

My workout routine has helped me lose 25 pounds so far. I've also been making healthier food choices including making time for 3 meals a day.  I didn't want my weight loss to plateau so recently started mixing up my exercise routine.  I now attend a Group Active class once a week. Working out in a group motivates me and I like the balance of cardio and toning. I have also started spinning 2 or 3 times a week –usually 1 or 2 other staff members go with me and that is a big motivator.  I go to Gina or Laura A's evening classes – the Friday night spin class is a great way to end the work week! 

Fitness Goals – Keeping my blood pressure down and staying healthy. Working out is one of the best things I can do for myself and my family.

Previously featured:
Gina's Workout 
Teresa's Workout
Charlie's Workout
Roe's Workout
Gregg's Workout 
Mariela's Workout
Debbie's Workout
Iliana's Workout 

No comments: