Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rye Y Staff Workouts - Mariela


Mariela - Program Office Assistant
I take an Aqua Jog class about two mornings a week. The teachers are usually Ann and Holly – both are wonderful teachers. Holly keeps us smiling and makes the whole class wonderful. Ann’s class is very invigorating – really terrific.
The class is so large that we take over the whole Pa Cope pool. We exercise all parts of the body from the toes to the neck. We do cross county skiing, jumping jacks, roto- rotor – all with no impact on the bones.

I’m not an exercise person but I love this class. At the end I feel like a new person! If I weren’t so lazy, I would take a class every morning. Once I’m in the water I don’t want to get out – it is heavenly. Everyone in the class is very friendly and we have a great sense of camaraderie. On Friday, several women in the class often go out for coffee and a bagel.
Exercise goal – overall wellness.

No comments: