Wednesday, October 3, 2012

LIVESTRONG at the YMCA: Charlie's story


When I was diagnosed with Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma in September 2010, I stopped going to the gym, partly because it had become unaffordable and partly because the diagnosis gave me an excuse. I wasn’t eating correctly, mostly cheaper comfort food. I had let myself go.

In May 2012, I joined the LIVESTRONG at the YMCA class. The supportive atmosphere at the Rye YMCA made a big difference. During the program, I found out about the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program and my wife and I signed up. The Diabetes Prevention Program helped turn my life around. There I was accountable for my progress. I’ve been so pleased with the results and the support I’ve received. LIVESTRONG at the YMCA started me on the road to health.

Charlie

No comments: