Thursday, October 4, 2012

LIVESTRONG at the YMCA - Carol's story


This week we're highlighting the stories of our participants in our LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program.  Here is Carol's story:

I had the privilege of participating in LIVESTRONG at the YMCA, an amazing program for cancer survivors. During this 12 week program at the Rye YMCA, I learned to appreciate and actually enjoy exercising. The staff provided a supportive, compassionate and warm environment and helped me to develop an ongoing exercise routine to this very day. I am more energetic, I am more conscious of healthy eating habits and I also gained the bonus of some new and valuable friendships with my fellow survivors and participants in my session.

To anyone out there who is “surviving” cancer, this program is a must!!! I have been recommending the program to those who are fighting or surviving cancer.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA has been an integral part of my ongoing road to full recovery, I thank the Rye Y for this wonderful opportunity.
 
Carol

No comments: