Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Camp Through the Eyes of a Camper

by Samantha Philipp, Age 7

How many years have you been attending camp at the Rye Y?
3 years.

What group are you in?
Pioneers, Madagascar Penguins!

What do you like most about camp?
Playing with all my friends and having fun.  Doing the different activities and going on field trips. 

Tell me about your counselors.
They are nice and funny.  They are helpful and always thinking of fun games we can play.
Sophie is a nice and kind Unit Leader.
Mike is nice and crazy.
Michelle is nice and kind.
Rachel is nice and kind.
Anthony is nice and kind.
Kelly is nice and kind.

Any other special counselors?
Ariel was my unit leader 2 years ago and I still see her at extended care.  She is kind to me and funny and nice, I really like her.

Tell me about swimming.
We are having fun in swimming and having a great time.  The lifeguards are doing great and the teachers are teaching us great and we are all getting better.  My friend Ava moved up to purple Tuesday and she was so excited.  My other friend, Mariela, doesn’t have her bubble anymore.

What is your favorite field trip so far?
The Beast Boat Ride and Quassy Park 2nd.

Would you tell other kids they should go to the Rye Y camp?
Yes, because its fun and the counselors make sure you are safe.  Everyone should go to the camp because the Y is a great place.

What are you looking forward to the rest of the summer?
Having fun and going on field trips.

How can we make camp better?

I don’t know, it’s already great.

Anything else you want to tell us about camp?
I hope everyone is having fun and enjoying the trips.  I also hope my younger sister can come to this camp when she gets bigger.






No comments: