Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Why I Give to the Y

Here are why some of our neighbors give to the Y:
 
"I’ve been giving since I joined.  I love this place and what it does for the community."
"It is a worthwhile cause.  How can you not give to the Strong Kids Campaign?  The Y does a spectacular job."

"I contribute to the Strong Kids Campaign because I think that every child and family should have the opportunity to participate in all the wonderful programs the YMCA has to offer and their financial situations should not be a barrier to do so. We are helping out these families more than we realize. The YMCA serves as such a wonderful outlet for so many people it would be a shame for someone to miss out because of their financial situation. I see so many people who are so appreciative of what we do for them. I have been so lucky to be a part of this YMCA family. I give to the Strong Kids Campaign so other families can say the same."
"I know that I am helping others that are in need.  It’s my way of giving back."

"I’m here everyday and see  first  hand the positive impact the Y has – especially on kids.  I get an immediate payback by giving to the Strong Kids campaign because I see the confidence and happiness kids get from our camp and other programs."
"The Y is an organization that I know well and I believe in what they do.  I know I make a positive impact  with my donation."

"I like to give back and am fortunate to be in the position to do so."
"The Y has made such a difference in my life and I  feel blessed to be a part of it.  If I can make a difference in another persons  life, it is the least I can do to give back."

"I give because it’s great to know that we can truly make a difference in the lives of the people we serve."
"I started  attending programs the Y at the age of 5.  I learned how to swim and I attended the after school program, along with summer camp. I still remember the time I spent at the Y as a child. I want to give someone else my experience." 

"It feels good to know that my small contribution might help even 1 child have access to Y programs."
"The Y gives both kids and adults the opportunity to interact with each other while pursuing common goals and interests. Health is pursued here, hobbies are developed, friendships are made on a constant basis…if I can help somebody be a part of this place, why not? I donate to the SKC because I think it’s important that everybody have a place to develop themselves. Children and teens should have a place to go and stay out of trouble, adults should have a place to go and socialize while developing a healthy lifestyle, most of all I believe that the Y gives a complete sense of community to its members and I love that I can be a part of helping someone fit in around here."

" I want to see other people get a break."

Why do you give?








No comments: